logomancer

Every burned book enlightens the world. - Emerson

Name:
Location: Singapore

- What in God's name do we have in common with the Dutch? - Our religion, ma'am! - The Dutch have no religion, they have cheese.

Friday, April 29, 2005

trekking

The look on Ike's face was priceless.

I just told him I'm going trekking today.

"Why are you looking at me in that tone of voice?! What the hell is wrong with trekking?"

En bref, this was what he said, no, spewed verbatim:

...Suicide!
...Lunacy!
...Dengue!
...Heat stroke!
...Flesh-eating parasites!
...Bloodsucking mosquitos!
...Motherfucking critters!
...Damn things crawling into your ears and nose and Holy Orifice downunder!

Naturally, he sang the whole opera. This is just the Bonus Edit version.

I'm going anyway.

Ike is a bro, he's concerned and bless him, he's got a very kind heart. It's just that trees, greens and heat are not on his In list (tend to make him poetic).

But it is on mine. In fact, I'm so abuzzed about it I got up to blog this just to stop myself from clambering on the parapet.

It'll also be a first for me. Hmmm, in fact it's been a couple of firsts for me in preparing for this trip:

I walked the HSBC Tree Top trail at MacRitchie weeks ago for this.

I went to Ubin (yeah yeah yeah, I'm just one of those shameless Ubin virgins who happens to think 'u bin laden with too much boredom to go there') with Ock and trooped down to Chek Jawa.

I blogged.

I jogged.

I exercised. Something I simply abhor, as some asshole friends of mine never fail to remind me. (Holy shit! What's this on my arm? ARGH, it's sweat!!!)

And tonight, I'll be taking my first train.

It so reminds me of Julia (an EXcellent and moving film as equally compelling as the Lillian Hellman short story it was adapted from), Strangers On A Train (very watchable and intriguing stuff) and Murder On The Orient Express (a terrific classic both in reel and on print).

Nazi subterfuge intrigue, Hitchcock and crime ensemble aside, I'm also going for my first NATURAL waterfall experience at Dabong, Kelantan.

'Allo, that embarassment of a man made-tap dripper-thingie at Jurong BirdPark doesn't even come close ok?

Anyway, got a few more goodies to pack and a TOTALLY delicious and to die for Times warehouse book sale to attack and conquer and I'm off.

Here's hoping the experience will be equally priceless.

Now where did I stash the cholorform and Bowie knife...?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sabby said...

YOz... Good luck... Catch up when you are back.. hee hee...

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home