logomancer

Every burned book enlightens the world. - Emerson

Name:
Location: Singapore

- What in God's name do we have in common with the Dutch? - Our religion, ma'am! - The Dutch have no religion, they have cheese.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

maudlin month, light laugh

This is definitely not my January to start to the new year.

As if drowning in muggy work and pressed by nonchalant bosses and tied up with endless layers of bureaucratic vetting-clearance and bogged down with endless rewriting of disgustingly dry papers (drypers, they really are, but can't absorb piss at all) that ab-so-LUTE-ly reFUSE to stop bleeding amendments after amendments are NOT enough -

They FUCKING HELL cut off Internet connection to our own personal emails.

Starting today. Just when I needed to check something important.

*fucking furious fume*

Naturally, this animal is PISSED.

FUUUCCCKKK.

So, too incensed to work, deliberately whiled precious minutes away in retaliation.

Opened up my nifty and striking cobalt blue Fox mints container and counted candy loot. 66 pieces of pretty polar mints. Don't care - just wanna waste time to vent my peeves. Packed and nestled my fab blue Fox's cuties in that GORgeous container and marvelled at it for while.

*ahhhh-money-well-wasted-contented-as-post-coital-lark-face*

Back to dreary work.

Fuck.

'Work' is the new 'fuck'. The dirtiest four letter word in humandom, if you ask me.

Total ennui and distraction.

Frust foul furious. Fucking hell. BARRED from our OWN personal emails?? Arrrggghhh.

Grumbled to friend. Grumbled to colleague.

Communists.... Proletariats... Totalitarians... Savages... 1984... Too much... (getting distracted) Totally clueless on tomorrow's dry run - HOW? No time for mountain of notes at all! What's my role? What's my line? HOW?? Not ready! Management papers not done yet! Next week deadline! HOW???


Back to fuck I mean work. Wanna leave but cunt I mean can't.

Then, out of the blue, colleague suddenly sprang this (click image, cursor on image, wait, click bottom right 4-arrow icon, scroll down):

















It just hit me in the face. I never laughed so loudly in my brief working life at ***. There's more (same action above):

















Just when we thought England has lost its powder on Singaporeans, salvation shines her skinny butt from unlikely places.

Priceless.

Lilting and laughly way to end long and lousy day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home