logomancer

Every burned book enlightens the world. - Emerson

Name:
Location: Singapore

- What in God's name do we have in common with the Dutch? - Our religion, ma'am! - The Dutch have no religion, they have cheese.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

hatch day remembered

Another year came. And went.

But slightly not quite the usual treatment this time.

Took a day off Friday and headed down for some serious relaxing with palms and sand and breeze, come haze or hellwater. Suuuuch a nice feeling that I nearly forgot how much I needed to get away for a while. It wasn't the beach that I missed and felt such release, it was the feeling unravelling as I was walking that I am at a totally different environment and away from all that sickening madness in the office.

That was what felt clear and soothing about getting away. Even for just a day.

Of course work is a conniving unsinkable siren, keeps coming back in flashes and sparks and you can't rid of it. Still, managed to read like gazillion pages off books so felt accomplished at that. Just lazed about, then went home to change and headed for din with sis at Billy Bombers, which kind off bombed but not in a lousy way.

Saturday was spent watching DVDs and then popped over to Gene and Wee's for a little get together. They prepared stuffed spring chicken and couscous for me - yum. There was also this weird butter fruit (alas not butterbeer, and tasted like hardened papaya!), and then voila! a petite but perfectly rich not too sweet double chocolate praline cake from Swiss Bake. Followed by gelato. AND grapes and strawberries. Niiiiice.

For me pressie (which I prewarned him NOT for heaven's sake to get me another book or book voucher) Gene picked me 2 luscious pieces of clothing from projectbloodbros. And it was so tasteful - am so touched and glad that he is so instinctive about what I like. Loved the card and what they and Dorothy wrote in it too.

It was a wonderful feeling - small cosy group and simple tasteful setting and ample room for talk, gripe and laugh. We ended up not watching any DVDs which was fine as the baby was fidgety so Gene drove us home early and I got to sleep in early.

* * * * *

Monday, yesterday, was plain rush shit.

Period.

Tomorrow and the rest of the week is going to be lousy.

Gotta run over some stuff later on for the new girl and other work chasing to be done tomorrow.

Breathe and let it slide over gradually. Let's look to the weekend. And back to another fact.

That I spent some quality and unforgettable time and company with people that matter to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home