logomancer

Every burned book enlightens the world. - Emerson

Name:
Location: Singapore

- What in God's name do we have in common with the Dutch? - Our religion, ma'am! - The Dutch have no religion, they have cheese.

Monday, October 15, 2007

sucky worst, simply best (the best bunch of delegates) - parter

They've left, most of them, back to where they came from.

I remember some had to fly off from early Saturday morning while the last one got to stay till Wednesday I think but it's not the same as when all of them were around.

Strange that I should feel bereft, like the line in the Pied Piper of Hamelin. We had a final dinner and some brief chat and some of them wanted to go back to the hotel so we chowed.

Then just as when the talk was getting somewhere, someone else needed a last drink so okay, fine, we scouted around Clarke Quay but couldn't find any seats anywhere (it was Friday, so what gives??) so finally came upon Cuba Libre (an unfortunate decision). So loud and charring, we left after 1.30am. It wasn't the going out with a high note or the celebratory last dinner send off shabang (think most were tired) but I enjoyed myself, and it felt decent so I'm glad I joined in.

Dead beat so we bade our farewells while the hip one ventured off the MOS for a last lingering look - die die also want to look-see before he flew back to his volcanoes... Lingering hugs and reluctant farewells. Sigh... All natural things come to an end.

And it was a wrap. Return to normal usual same old-same old.

Never thought I'd feel that way but I am probably already missing those fellas...

(Even with the mounting load of unnerving shit at the back of my mind from now till Tuesday...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home